Cleo Papaphotis is an Associate in the Corporate Group.
She specialises in all types of corporate transactions and corporate finance, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and equity offerings, joint ventures and reorganisations, as well as providing general company commercial, corporate, strategic and corporate governance advice.
Cleo represents clients across a variety of business sectors including media, fashion, technology, financial institutions, life sciences, telecommunications and energy and infrastructure. Cleo is also a member of the firm’s Fashion Group.
Notable deals include:
- Advising on the production and financing of the official 2012 Olympics film
- Advising former Shine TV MD, Karen Smith, on the launch of her new production company, Tuesday’s Child. The deal included an investment by Greenbird who have in turn secured a first look distribution deal with BBC Worldwide
- Advising Octopus Investments Limited on a series of EIS and VCT investments totalling approximately £21 million in various companies operating within the film industry
- Advising the shareholders of Pioneer Productions Media Group Limited in connection with the sale of their shares to Tinopolis Limited
- Advising For-side.com on the sale of iTouch to its private-equity backed management team for $100 million and the on the subsequent re-sale of iTouch to Buongiorno for €141 million
- Advising Advanced Power AG on a €31.5 million agreement to invest by 3i
Earlier in her career, Cleo was seconded to the corporate legal team of Barclays Bank PLC.
Cleo speaks fluent Modern Greek.