James Sully is a Partner in the Music Group.
He specialises in music and entertainment law and a range of entertainment related matters for artists, songwriters, celebrities, managers, sportsmen and independent record and publishing companies. He represents a range of music artists, as well as mobile phone companies, producers, video and TV production companies and concert promoters. He also has particular expertise in the staging of live events.
Chambers and Partners 2012, says that James "has the personality to attract the business of talent and monetise it."
Recent work includes:
- Label and artist deal with Universal Records for Dizzee Rascal
- Renegotiation of deal with Sony Records for Il Divo
- Renegotiation of publishing deal with Bucks Music for Professor Green
- Renegotiation of publishing deal with Universal Publishing for The xx
- Record deal with EMI Records for Eric Prydz