Jay is a Partner in the Real Estate Group.
He specialises in all aspects of commercial real estate with significant experience in high value multi-let investment acquisitions, sales, property finance and joint ventures.
His expertise encompasses: hotel transactions, acquisitions, disposals, finance and development; landlord and tenant matters in relation to negotiation, grant and renewal of leases including management issues arising from lettings; offshore structured transactions including funding requirements; and securitisation work associated with both onshore and offshore real estate transactions.
Notable highlights include:
- Acquisition and dealing with subsequent management issues in relation to a substantial commercial property portfolio based in central London with a value in excess of £70 million
- Acquisition of several central London hotels with values in between £30-65 million and advising on all aspects of the transaction including onshore management and finance
- Acting on a number of real estate investment transactions with values in excess of £50 million involving complex and agency agreements and other related Islamic funding arrangements
- Acquisition of hotel sites for development and conducting business in accordance with brand standards pursuant to franchise arrangements
- Acquisition and sale of multiple retail outlets for a high street chain
- Acquisition and sale of high street and shopping centre retail outlets for well known brands
- Acting for high-net-worth family trusts and entrepreneurs in their acquisition of residential properties for significant values and dealing with association structures and finance work