He specialises in the financing, production, exploitation and carriage of film, TV and online content. His practice also includes brand management, sport, and the visual arts. He is recognised as an expert on branded content deals and advises a multitude of ad agencies and brands. He also provides corporate and strategic advice.
He is recommended in the Media and Entertainment, Media Finance and Brand Management categories of The Legal 500 where he is described as "surefooted and sharp". Chambers and Partners refers to him as a "highly polished operator" who is respected for his "straight talking approach" and "comprehensive knowledge". He is listed as a leading Legal Expert in the Media and Entertainment sector in the Legal Business 2012 guidebook.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a leading TV producer on the launch of her new independent production company and output deal with BBC Worldwide
- Providing strategic and business affairs advice to one of the UK’s biggest and most exciting producers, financiers and distributors of TV and online entertainment properties
- Negotiating a major UK artist’s deal for a major sponsorship campaign
- Advising a leading media agency and their client on a distribution deal for their AFP TV show produced for Channel 4
- Advising an iconic children’s author and his production company on the production, financing and exploitation of a major new children’s show for the BBC
- Advising a national sports governing body on their international sports media rights exploitation
Jeremy was previously Director of Legal and Commercial Affairs at one of the UK's largest independent rights management companies where he oversaw three successful rounds of fundraising and various company acquisitions.