His practice focuses primarily on digital, online and mobile exploitation of content; music in the interactive and technology start-up sectors; interactive software/applications, software and content licensing; digital distribution, branding, merchandising and sponsorship; and image and intellectual property rights.
His clients range from established recording artists, new unsigned acts, technology start-ups and acceleration/incubation schemes, production houses, advertising agencies, digital providers and platforms and corporate clients within the music, media and digital/interactive sectors.
Recent work includes:
- Advising an internationally renowned recording artist on their new interactive website
- Advising computer games developers and film production companies on composer agreements and all music elements of production
- Advising and providing core terms and licensing agreements to a new social media website
- Advising the developer of an online mixing application on all commercial/legal issues
- Advising a bespoke music production company for artist-partnership licensing of content
- Advising an online music synchronisation agency and providing precedent licensing and other core agreements
- Advising a digital advertising and branding agency on its core documentation
Lance has advised a number of the participant companies in the 02/Telefonica WAYRA scheme in the UK. He regularly speaks at various interactive and digital media events, and contributes to a number of publications.
Lance is a member of the APRS.