Michael Thomas is a Senior Partner specialising in the entertainment, media and creative industries.
His practice focuses on a variety of corporate entities, entrepreneur led businesses and high-profile individuals in many areas of leisure, entertainment, branding and media. Michael is renowned for both his commercial and legal advice to his clients.
Chambers and Partners 2012, says that Michael is “respected for his music work, earning applause from sources for his commercial and pragmatic approach to negotiations.” He is also listed as a Legal Expert in the Music Industry section of the Legal Business publication.
Michael's client list includes high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs and corporate entities, including a leading private bank, Pacha nightclubs, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and many other artists, and an internationally renowned chef and his global corporations.
Recent work includes:
- The first artist direct deal with iTunes worldwide
- Various transactions including secured lending on intellectual property catalogues
- Franchise and licensing agreements for an international night club business
- Advising a world renowned chef on all aspects of his business and development of business strategies internationally
- Brand protection and exploitation internationally