Morris Bentata is a Partner in the Sport Group.
His practice focuses principally on media and marketing rights to major sports properties and clients include governing bodies, individuals, agencies, sponsors and broadcasters.
The Legal 500 describes him as "hugely talented" and "one of the best lawyers in the sports field" and recognises him as one of the "leading individuals" in the sports sector. Chambers and Partners comments that "the quality of his work is outstanding" and he is a "rare breed in that he has both high-level commercial expertise and high-level legal expertise".
Recent work includes advising:
- FIFA on media rights strategy and sales in Europe
- Multiple broadcasters and agencies in Europe and Asia on their acquisitions of Premier League rights for the forthcoming cycle 2013/2014 to 2015/2016
- Sportfive International on the marketing and sale of media rights to premium sports properties throughout Europe and Asia
- Pitch International on the acquisition, marketing and sale of international media rights to major sports events across a wide number of sports including football, rugby union, cricket and horse racing
- Tour Racing on Team Sky’s sponsorship programme
Morris speaks at conferences and writes articles on sports media and sponsorship issues. He also teaches on the British Association for Sport and Law (BASL) Sports Law programme.
Morris is the author of the Broadcasting chapter of the leading textbook Sport: Law and Practice (Lewis & Taylor) and is a Director of the British Association of Sport and the Law.