He advises clients involved in the creation and exploitation of content via television, internet, mobile, stage and cinemas.
Peter has particular expertise in structuring international television co-productions and the licensing of formats and sports rights. He advises clients on effective rights management and the clearance and exploitation of archives, and is currently involved in the development of broadband channels for rights owners, arts organisations and independent producers.
The Legal 500 describes him as "first class" and Chambers and Partners state that he is “hard-working, industrious and practical at getting things done”, is "well connected" and "an excellent sounding board for strategic advice".
Recent work includes:
- Advising on a multi-party animated TV co-production involving Israeli producers, UK based distributors, and South Korean and US broadcasters
- Representing leading TV presenters and celebrities on their production, broadcasting and publishing engagements and on the exploitation of their brands
- Advising a major US TV studio on aspects of its rights exploitation strategy internationally
- Negotiating the presentation arrangements for a major stage production on behalf of both subsidised and commercial managements
- Representing a national sports governing body on the domestic and international exploitation of its rights
- Advising UK TV drama producers in relation to the changed format exploitation of their programmes in the US