Tahir’s practice has a particular focus on the convergence of creative content and technology, and he is listed in The Legal 500 for his expertise on digital and convergence matters and also for his work with interactive entertainment companies.
He advises a range of corporate and private clients both within the UK and abroad on everything from the development of new business models and distribution channels through to the management, exploitation and protection of their trademarks and brands. His clients range from international corporate entities, start-up technology companies, creative and digital agencies, entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals, musicians, designers and creative industry management teams.
Recent work includes advising on:
- Music licensing agreements with third party record companies and music publishers/collection societies together with the joint venture agreement with the telecommunications company around the roll out of a national mobile music service
- Joint venture agreement between national heritage brand and international fashion brand on a co-branded product range
- Content distribution for an international sporting body on third party social network platforms
- Technology start-ups as lawyer of choice on the WAYRA technology incubation scheme
- Legal and contractual agreements with respect to world tour of a world famous musician
Tahir is a member of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers, is a guest lecturer at Queen Mary University and the Brit School, and a judge on the annual International Monroe Moot Competition at Oxford University. Tahir has also appeared as a judge on various technology strategy board competitions.